Thursday, June 24, 2021

The new girl at town #1

 I was in the class when the teacher gets in with a new girl behind him, "This Mandy she new here, her parents move to our town this week, be nice to her."

She smiled at us and wave, One of the girls in the class wave back to her "Set here, it empty." 

The empty seat was the one on my right side, it was empty for two weeks now after Frank moves out with his mother.

"My name is Patricia, Call me Pate." 

"And what your name." It took me a second to realized she was talking to me.

"Peter, Nice to meet you." 

That will be the end of it, I'm not the kind that talks a lot, and after all Pate was hanging with her all the time in the school

the Sunday after that I was getting out of our house to see Mandy at the next house, "OMG you are my neighbor here too."


"Mandy! I didn't know that this is your house!"

"Yeah, what Coincidence." 

I didn't have anything else to say, I was just talking a walk because my mom will never let me stay home after 10 am doing anything, "Get out of the house you are so young, get some vitamin D."

"Going for a walk?"

"Yes, just going to the park get Icecream and set next to the sea."

Our town is a sea town, we don't have a big beach that attracts the tourists but good for the locals.

"When my parents told me we will live next to the sea I was so excited."

"Great, then you why won't you come with me?" Oh shit, I just asked her not thinking about it.

"Hack yah." She was so happy about it.

The beach was small and no place for any shop besides three food trucks, Icecream own by old man Sam, Drinks by an old woman, and one that sells fast food and candy. There a three vending machines two of them not working.

"This place is not like I was imagining." She was a little disappointed, "I was thinking there will be more people."

"Will only locals came here, There a bigger beach 20 minutes away from here, that Surfers love." 

"I see, so that where my dad is gone," She looks at me "He was talking about the wave Surfing a lot lately." She said while mimicking the Surfing movement on air.

At that moment she almost falls because of a small stone she didn't see.

I hold her on my chest so she won't fall.

"oh, sorry." She said.

"oh, never mind," I said

She gives me a look.

"Want Icecream?" I said "It on me."

"Hack yah." 

I found a place on the stairs for the fishing port so we could eat and talk, after few hours we got back home.

"Where you have been." My mom asked.

"The beach." 

"With who?" She asked, She knows, she was smiling 

"A friend from the school."

"A G I RL"

"Mom."

"That why getting out of your bedroom and walk is much better than staying home and play Fortnite all day long."

I don't even play Fortnite!

The next day at school, "Peter, can I come to your house after school, I need to copy few things from the classes I missed?"

"Yeah."


When we return home she said she will change and be back at me, I took this chance to go to the store near my house to buy snacks and drinks, She was not at my house door or her house door so she didn't do changing yet. 

"Go to your room," My mom said, " I got you a gift there." 

"Thanks, mom." that was nice of her.

OMG Mandy was on my bed sleeping, I heard my mom giggling behind me.

"Mandy, wake up." I didn't yell but still was enough to wake her up.

She opens her eyes and looks at me and starts realizing her mistake, "Oh snacks, Hack yah."

I open my mouth to say something about what happened, She gives me an angry look, So I can't talk about it and somehow it is my fault.

We ate the snakes and drink and talk, she starts copying my textbooks of the last week she was not in school, her shirt was open so I saw something I should not

"Did you look?" She asked 

"At what?" I know what she means but acts normal.

"Nothing."

After two days at school. "Peter, What you have this Friday after school?"

"Nothing< I just set with my dad watch Netflix, or play Video games, Nothing really!"

"What to come with me to the mall, I want to buy few things and maybe a dinner."

"of course  this sounds fun." 

"You mean," She gets near my ears, "Sound like a date." She moves away fast after saying that outside the class, I saw her with Pate talking.

Thanks, Pate, you are the best


A date.

After school, I got my favorite shirt and got ready to get out.

"Where you going." My dad asked sitting on the couch. "It our movie night."

"To see my friend, at the mall." 

"Tell him to see the movie with us." My dad with a mouth full of Doritos.

"Her." My mom said to my dad.

I got two smug faces and said "Goodby."

"Good luck."

She was outside angry.

"Sorry, Am I late?" I asked her.

"No, My parent was so smug when I told them I going out with a friend, and somehow they know it was you."

"At last, they didn't know you slept in my bed."

Big mistake, I got a kick in my leg for trying to be funny.

"That didn't happen, Okay." while her face close to mine.

"So cute," I said.

She just held my hand and we walk away.



1 comment:

  1. Hi, emmm, I love your stories and I want to ask you if you can let me traslate to the spanish the trilogy of the silver hero for mi blog, I'm not very good in English, sorry for the mistakes

    ReplyDelete